At Harris Family Practice Clinic, we provide comprehensive healthcare for individuals and families. From a simple stomachache to something more serious, you need a doctor you can trust with the well-being of your family. Harris Family Practice Clinic is here to help, offering compassionate care. We provide routine and preventive care, as well as chronic condition management and sick appointments -- often with either same- or next-day appointments available.
Barbara Sweatt, family nurse practitioner, is ready to care for you. She has specialized training to manage the healthcare needs of a broad age range of patients, from infants to seniors. We can provide individualized care for every member of the family.
Harris Family Practice Clinic is now open 5 days a week!
To schedule an appointment, please call (870) 523-0160.
Services & Specialties
- Physical examinations
- Lab and x-ray services
- Diagnosis and treatmeant of acute health problems such a infections and injuries
- Diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Health maintenance, screenings and immunizations
- Healthy lifestyles education and counseling
About Barbara Sweatt
Specialty: Family Practice
Certification: DNP, ANP
Credentialing: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Family Nurse Practitioner
Medical School: Doctor of Nursing Practice, University of Tennessee, honors graduate
Positions Held: Arkansas Department of Health Prescription Monitoring Program Advisory Committee Member, 12/2012-Present
Professional Society Associations:
- American Nurses Associatinon
- Arkansas Nurses Association
- Northeast Arkansas Nurse Practitioner Association, Charter Member
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association
In her spare time, Barbara Sweatt enjoys socializing with family and friends, reading, walking, traveling and gardening, cooking and sharing dishes with friends.
Reason for Becoming a Healthcare Provider:
Barbara Sweatt became a healthcare provider to follow in her father's footsteps. Barbara's father, Dr. Green, has been a long-term family practice physician in Newport.
Barbara Sweatt attributes discipline and caring as her most notable strengths.